Last Updated: March 11, 2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Personal Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect the personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you use our websites; sign up to our email newsletter; participate in a contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, last four digits of the payment card, demographic information, and any other personal information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Use of Our Services
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain personal information about you when you access or use our Services or shop in our stores, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date of the purchase/return.
Personal Information We Collect from Our Partners and Other Sources
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect personal information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. If you interact with us on social media, we will also collect personal information about those interactions.
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a certain product based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-market and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and Services you request, or that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, complete transactions, perform our contractual obligations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Process your orders, payments and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill and collect payment for our products and Services;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
- Debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety or property of Markets for Makers LLC or our customers, service providers and other third parties;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions or other agreements;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
- Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information is collected.
ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
We may also work with third parties (such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt-out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases.
Managing or Deleting Your Online Markets for Makers Account
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain personal information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information about you for a certain period of time.
Opting Out of Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Data Transfers and Privacy Shield
Markets for Makers LLC has operations in the U.S. and does not have operations in other countries. If we create operations in other countries, we or our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Residents of Europe
- Markets for Makers LLC Entity Responsible for Your Personal Information
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, Markets for Makers LLC provide our Services to you and are responsible for your personal information when you use our Services. If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Markets for Makers LLC provides our Services to you and is responsible for your personal information when you use our Services.
- Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal information described above:
- As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
- As necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest in providing relevant and secure Services and improving our Services and products;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
- As consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- Exercising Your RightsYou have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected or erased and to port your personal information. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have a Markets for Makers LLC account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal information or adjust your marketing preferences by logging into your account.
- Questions or ComplaintsIf you have a concern about our processing of your personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see “Collection of Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Information” above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform services on our behalf
- Information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
- Commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about the personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. While we do not provide personal information about you to other companies for money, we do allow our advertising partners to collect identifiers, commercial information, and Internet or other electronic network activity information via our Services to show you ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt-out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the “Advertising and Analytics” section above. You can also contact us at email@example.com to make an opt-out request.
Your Rights: Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, sold, and disclosed about you, (2) deletion of your personal information and (3) that we stop selling your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
You may make these requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide certain information, such as identifiers like your email address and phone number. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons and other benefits for customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or join our loyalty program. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and commercial information (like your purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt-out of the financial incentive, or our subsequent use of your personal information in connection with a financial incentive, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Please contact us at:
Markets for Makers LLC
331 Cleveland St.
Clearwater, FL 33755